All of this is done through an easy online licensing management system.
- Move an application’s license from one oscilloscope to another: Now customers can move a license for an application from one oscilloscope to another by simply checking the license in and checking it out for another oscilloscope. The process is made simpler by Tektronix managing all the customers’ licenses online via our secure server.
- Share application licenses across geographies: The online license management system enables anywhere, anytime access to the licenses. All the user needs is a myTek account with the access to their company’s floating licenses and they can easily check in/out a license.
- Control and track licenses: Each floating license purchase is associated with a single License Key Manager who is the main purchaser (e.g. the validation team manager). The License Key Manager has the authority to add users who can access the floating licenses. Each check-out of the floating license requires the user to enter their contact details along with the oscilloscope’s model number, serial number, and location ensuring easy tracking.
- Smart checks before check-out: The system will validate the oscilloscope capability and warn of dependencies before allowing the user to check-out a license. This check prohibits the user from checking out a license for an oscilloscope with the wrong specifications, i.e. insufficient bandwidth.
- No extra hardware, network or manpower required: Since the licensing system is fully online, the license check out/in is via license file download and upload. This can be done on any computer and doesn’t require the oscilloscope to be on the corporate LAN or on the Internet. The process is secure through individual logins that are password protected. Unlike Agilent’s licensing approach, the customer doesn’t need an IT administrator to track their licenses.
The Tektronix Floating Licenses allows the following:
- Network not required to check in/out license
- Independent of customer's corporate network structure
- No hardware setup requirements
- Save on manpower to manage licenses
- Easily identify ownder, location and duration of license check-out
- License can be found even if scope is offline or shut-down
- Validate capability and dependencies even before you can check-out license
- Control who can find and check-out license
- Allows licenses to be issued for demo purposes that are time limited if number of uses consumed
- Rental businesses can use and track licenses easily
Tektronix Floating Licenses does not allow force check-in when oscilloscope is on the network.