William Leonard Clippard, Jr. founded Clippard Instrument Laboratory in 1941. The initial product line consisted of electrical test equipment, magnetic windings, and radio frequency coils.
The first miniature fluid power devices designed and built by Clippard were for use in the manufacture of this equipment. In the early 1950's, Clippard introduced Minimatic components as a new product line.
The need for miniature pneumatics was widespread, and since no such products had been previously available, the Minimatic line was successful enough to become Clippard's primary product line. Until his retirement in 1977, Leonard Clippard continued to be a pioneer in miniature pneumatics.
Today, the company is managed by William L. Clippard, III, president and Robert L. Clippard, vice-president. The company's growth continues today, maintaining its position as the industry's most complete supplier of quality, miniature pneumatic components. Clippard innovation has led to many industry "firsts," such as the establishment of the 10-32 thread as a port.
Products that Clippard first introduced to the industry include:
- Fluidic amplifiers
- Unique plug-in air logic modules
- Micro-based computer control air logic control systems
The complete Minimatic line includes over 3,400 standard products.
Some of the many products offered include valves, cylinders, fittings, modular components, push buttons, stainless steel cylinders, electronic manifold cards, circuit analysers, and pre-piped manifold sub-plates.
The latest additions to the Clippard product line include: the Block Flow Control Valve, the Double E-3 Valve, and Corrosion Resistant Stainless Steel Cylinders. Special components design for customer's OEM applications are also available.
The high standards set by Leonard Clippard in company relationships with customers, distributors, suppliers, and employees continue to be upheld.
The company motto, Quality People, Quality Products, reflects the important role every employee plays in maintaining the company's reputation.
Clippard are a manufacturer of pneumatic & electronic control devices, have been incorporated since 1946 and take pride in manufacturing high quality miniature pneumatic components with worldwide distribution. In addition to being a manufacturer of quality products, Clippard Instrument Laboratory, Inc. is proud to be a corporate partner in making their community a better place..
We practice what we preach: Quality People, Quality Products.
To Know about Fluid Power Please click here