The Fluke Model 12 is designed to support first level electrical and electronic troubleshooting. It's compact design, slide-switch and pushbutton controls allow true one-hand operation.
Model 12 Features
- 600V AC and DC measurement range.
- Resistance and continuity.
- 4000 Count digital display.
- Diode test.
- Capacitance, 1.000 µF to 9999 µF.
- Sleep Mode, to preserve battery life.
- Min/Max recording with relative time stamp, records the highest and lowest voltage readings during a 100-hour period.
Note: V Check™ simplifies voltage measurements in power environments. When measuring ohms/continuity with more than 4.5 volts present across the input jacks (intentional or not), the meter automatically switches to measuring AC or DC volts, whichever is greater.
Input impedance is approximately 2kOhms, helping determine if voltage is from leakage (so-called 'ghost' voltages) or a hard connection. Overload protection is provided if the circuit is checked in ohms mode.