Foam Bedding Impact Testing Instruments Model B0008
The Foam Bedding Impact Testing Instruments Model B0008 has been designed and manufactured to perform various tests and evaluations of innerspring and boxspring mattresses, as well as foam mattresses, chairs, cushions and other similar products.
The Impact Testing Instruments consists of a 79.5 ± 1kg platen, which drops down and impacts the test specimen from various heights as selected by the operator. This allows comparison of results obtained by impacts from different heights.
The Impact Testing machine can be used to impact any locations on the specimen, including middle areas, corners and edges to compare performance of both inner and outer components. The machine operates by testing each product at the same position, once a location is set for comparison.
The Foam Bedding Impact Testing machine automatically configures impact height measurements from the top of the specimen at every location that is being tested. Once the top of test location is configured, impact heights can be increased in set increments until the test is complete.
The Bedding Impact Tester can perform tests that give a wide range of results to help determine product performance and quality. Tests and results include:
- Bounce Decay Time
- Shock caused by impact
- Effect different bases have on bounce and shock caused by impact
- Testing the overall strength of a mattress set to withstand forces exerted by a person jumping on the mattress
- Tests can be used on mattress bases if it is sprung or flexible
- Test reports can be viewed to display Force over Time and also Force over Distance
Once a series of drops have been made at different locations, comparisons can be achieved. These include the permanent set of support elements or grid/platform, fastener failure, separation of support components from grid/platform or frame, and broken end or separated frame components.
The Bedding Impact Tester operates manually or automatically using an external PC linked to the machine. The software allows operators to run tests using the computer and displays results as a graph as well as a table for test data. The program also enables tests to be printed and saved for later retrieval.
- Innerspring Mattresses
- Boxspring Base
- Foam Mattresses
- Features of Foam Bedding Impact Testing Instruments Model B0008
- Drop test platen 14” diameter
- Computer operated software
- Ease of operation
- Data storage
- Printable test graphs
- Pezio Load Cell
- Can be used on mattresses with a height of up to 600mm. Please specify if other heights are required
- ASTM F1566
- AIMA American Innersprings Manufacturers
- Air: 80 Psi (550 kPa)
- Electrical: 220/240 VAC @ 50 HZ or
- Electrical: 110 VAC @ 60 HZ
*(please specify when ordering)
- Operating Height: 3,615mm
- W: 650mm
- D: 1,978mm
- Weight: 500kg
Please click here to know about IDM Instruments Foam Bedding Testing Instrument