This service is for the novice who has had little or no experience operating a forklift truck, and does not have a completed log book.
This service covers:
- Comprehensive operational training by a competent trainer
- OH&S requirements when operating a forklift truck in the work place
- Pre and post operational inspections of the forklift truck
- Familiarisation with the operating functions and controls on a forklift truck
- Identifying hazards in the work place
- Responding to identified hazards in the work place
- Load shifting at ground level to familiarize participants with the operation of the equipment
- Safe load shifting from pallet racking at low, medium and high levels
Following the two day comprehensive training course a full written and practical assessment will be conducted.
This assessments consists of:
- A full written assessment, the questions set out in the assessment are taken directly from the National Certificate of Competency assessment instrument.
- A performance assessment, is conducted on a forklift truck, performing all pre and post operational inspections, identifying hazards in the work place and your response to the hazards, carrying out every day operational functions on the forklift truck, shifting loads at various heights and following all OH&S requirements in the work place
The training and assessment courses are restricted to a maximum of 7 participants; this is to allow for each participant to gain the most from the training. The trainer will be able to dedicate time to any participant that requires more attention.
This assessment can be conducted on your work site, or at our training and assessment facility located at Tuggerah