Freightliner Truck | Freightliner Century Class
Features And benefits of Freightliner Century Class Truck
Built to excel in the demanding environment of long-haul trucking, the century class s/t combines efficiency and dependability under the hood with a forward-thinking cab designed to maximise productivity.
Our most technologically advanced truck to date, the Century Class S/T was engineered to simplify maintenance, improve fuel economy and prolong life expectancy. The future belongs to those who out-think the competition, and the Century Class S/T will quickly become your competitive edge.
Driver Message Centre
The Century Class S/T driving environment includes the latest technological advances designed to increase efficiency, performance and safety. The Drivers Message Centre provides timely, easy-to-understand information about the vehicle’s operation including fuel economy, outside temperature, equipment faults, fluid levels, trip time, miles driven and idle hours.
Easy Engine Maintenance
The Century Class S/T hood opens a full 90-degrees to make engine maintenance easier. See-through fluid reservoirs allow instant checking of fluid levels and splash shields are mounted on the hood rather than the chassis for easy access to the engine.
- The aerodynamic three-piece bumper features a steel centre section and damage-tolerant plastic end caps to help localize collision damage and reduce repair costs.
- The two-piece curved windshield reduces replacement costs and assures great visibility.
- A 50-degree wheel cut provides optimal open-highway usage and allows for tight manoeuvring and backing.
- The spacious cab provides ample legroom and easy-to-reach controls. There’s enough headroom for standing and plenty of room for moving throughout the cab.
- An advanced air conditioning and heating system maximizes airflow and keeps cab temperature precise and comfortable. An air filtration system purifies the air and keeps it flowing through the system’s 17 outlets.
- The Freightliner SmartShift controls automated transmissions, reducing effort and stress and increasing component life.