The new FVA digital fiber microscope is a unique device that fully automates the inspection process, significantly reducing inspection time and simplifying workflow. The FVA microscope is used to inspect the polished surface of fiber optic connectors, and its high-resolution results are ideally suited for post-polish inspection of high quality end faces. It also detects scratches that technicians may miss, delivering the level of sensitivity long sought in the industry. The FVA is powered by a 12V adapter (included) and a PC via USB 2.0.
FiberChek2 is an advanced application that determines the acceptability of optical fiber end faces through automated inspection and analysis. It identifies and characterizes defects and contamination and determines their location relative to the fiber core. It then provides a Pass or Fail result according to a pre-configured failure criteria setting.
- Eliminate subjectivity from inspection with a fully automated repeatable system for fiber inspection
- Significantly reduce total inspection time by removing the need to focus the fiber manually
- Document that your product is compliant to end face quality standards, such as IEC-61300-3-35
- Easily define and enforce your Pass/Fail criteria
- Automatically inspects and analyzes fiber optic connectors in manufacturing and quality assurance environments
- Automatically focuses, centers, captures, and analyzes fiber end face images, and obtains instant Pass/Fail result
- Standardizes fiber inspection and analysis procedures
- Fully-automated inspection system:– Quickly and consistently focuses and centers fiber end face– Locates and counts defects and scratches– Evaluates against Pass/Fail criteria
- Adjustable, scalable automation settings from all-manual to all-automated
- Archives results and images in HTML or PDF formats and generates integrated reports
- Plugs directly into PC via USB 2.0 connection
- FiberChek2 pre-programmed with International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) acceptance criteria standards for single-mode and multimode connectors