Utilizing the correlation between gas density and calorific value, the GD402 can be used for continuous measurement of the caloric value of gas. It can also be used as a hydrogen purity analyzer for a turbine cooling system, a replacement analyzer, and hydrogen purity/replacement analyzer.
The GD40 detector is designed for intrinsically safe and flameproof, explosion protected applications. It is designed to be virtually maintenance free for all accepted applications.
There are many applications where the accurate, repeatable measurement of gas density is essential. From blending of fuel, to product quality, to Hydrogen purity and replacement in utility turbines, Yokogawa’s family of Gas Density products allow you to make accurate measurements with superior reliability and ease of maintenance and operability.
The GD402 gas density analyzer and GD40 detector not only provide continuous measurement of gas density, but also several other valuable parameters, including specific gravity and molecular weight.
The GD402 is a rugged microprocessor-based converter designed in two versions to meet both general area and explosion-proof application requirements.
In addition to the display of several key data items, the converter also provides the choice of three different means for calibration: automatic,semi-automatic and one-touch manual operation.
Features of Gas Density/Hydrogen Purity Analyzers GD402,GD40:
Highly responsive and sensitive measurement of density. Specific gravity, molecular weight and gas concentration can also be displayed using Yokogawa's gas density analyzing techniques.
Low installation cost
Both explosionproof and general purpose converters are designed for easy mounting on a pipe. Wiring between the detector and converter is based on a two-wire system,keeping installation cost to a minimum
- Resistant to external vibrations
- Outstanding stability against sudden changes in gas temperature (within 1 g/m3 for sudden changes in gas temperature of 10 deg C)
- The multi-mode self-oscillation circuit minimizes drift caused by the sensor itself or by oil mist, dust, moisture,etc. sticking to the sensor
- Easy cleaning and regeneration of sensor. Should the sensor be contaminated with dust and/or mist, then it can be easily cleaned and returned to its original condition.
- Only routine maintenance is required (for example, once every 3 months).