Australian and New Zealand underground mines are some of the safest in the world. This safety record is built on strict controls and legislation to ensure that the equipment and in particular those used in hazardous areas are of particularly high quality.
Features of Baker Switchboards Gate End Panels for Mines provide the highest level of safety compliance and include the following feature where required:
- Live Line Indicators
- IP65 2mm Stainless Steel Enclosure
- Protection relays AS/NSZ 2081 compliant
- Outgoing receptacles (plugs) and Pilot relays
- Sprecher Schuh safety contactors and PILZ relay for compliance with SIL2
- Earth Leakage protection, Earth Continuity, Earth Fault lockout and Frozen Contact Protection
Baker Switchboards Gate End Panels also feature total mechanical segregation between ELV and LV power supplies. They have analogue meters and indicators for referencing motor current and voltage and an allowance for future fan or pump protection and control fibre/comms/PLC components.