- Optimizing workflow every day of the week instead of only at longer production stops
- Products are built “Right First Time”
- Creation of Product Birth Certificates to meet contractual obligations and warranty abatement
- Changes in order sequence or part numbers do not require system changes
- Ability to implement production changes on line
- Ability to dynamically rebalance the line
- Four month delivery of the project – start to finish
- Reduction in IT team overtime expenses as system changes are eliminated and re-testing is not necessary
- No longer held hostage to resources that understand, maintain and upgrade the home grown solution
Tier 1 Automotive Supplier Puts Proficy Assembly Applied Solution to the Test for Right First Time and Sequencing Applications
Automakers are facing increasing challenges to contain warranty/ recall exposure, and Right First Time applications can offer that solution – with the potential to significantly improve throughput, efficiency and quality.
Right First Time requires a powerful toolset, including in-line sequencing and error proofing, to create product birth certificates and minimize missed delivery penalties. By working together, manufacturing operations and corporate IT teams can put these systems in place to enable Right First Time, as well as develop strategies for standardization and globalization to reduce support burdens and achieve long-term success.
“By not building Right First Time, Tier 1 suppliers are subject to large financial penalties based on their delivery contracts with the auto manufacturers,” said Rich Breuning, Global Automotive Industry Manager for GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms. “A switch from Build to Stock to Build to Order and Just in Time Sequencing is a continuing trend in the marketplace.
Tier 1 suppliers now have to manufacture and deliver sub-assemblies in sequence in as little as one to five hours from the time they are notified by the automakers.”