GE Static Transfer Switches single/three phase, 25-1000Amp
The basic applications of STS are in automatic systems in the power industry, power supply systems for petrochemical industry, computer and telecommunication centers, automatic and security systems of 'intelligent' buildings as well as other equipment which is sensitive to interruptions in the supply.
The excellent overload capability and transfer algorithm enables fast fuse clearance in the event of a short-circuit. As a consequence the voltage immediately returns to normal to supply the other mission critical loads. The built-in transient voltage surge suppression system for SCR switches provides additional protection against damage to the supplied equipment.
Features and Benefits
- Selectable voltage limits for full flexibility to protect equipment against sags, swells and interruptions
- Three redundant power supplies providing maximum reliability
- Fail-Safe CMOS logic for fast and reliable control of the STS
- Easy to install and to operate
- Redundant cooling providing full functionality, even in case of a fan failure
- Surge protection to prevent damage to the STS and the supplied equipment
- Blocked transfer in case of short circuit preventing migration to loads
- Manual bypass for no-break operation of the load during maintenance
- Dry contacts to provide status and alarm information to other control systems
- Rackmounted models for easy integration into other systems
- User friendly control panel for easy operation
- Neutral sized for 200% of nominal current to handle imbalanced loads