TRAXON starts with the HT purity process to produce a 99.9% pure, crystal clear base oil. By removing the impurities that can hinder the performance of competitive conventional oils, and blending in specialty additives, TRAXON gear oil delivers maximum performance.
Features and Benefits:
- Excellent wear protection
- As a result of its anti-wear EP additives, TRAXON provides excellent wear protection as proven by its performance in the stringent L-37 wear test. In addition, it has outstanding shear stability as proven by a severe shear test to protect equipment being driven longer, harder and faster in tougher conditions for extended equipment life and reduced maintenance costs
- Shear stability ensures retention of viscosity which protects equipment components against metal-to-metal contact and wear, especially in high temperatures
- Provides superior protection as proven against the five wear parameters of the L-37 test
- The L-37 (ASTM D6121) test is used by individual OEMs, the Military, and Federal Government, to measure five parameters that are the result of distress on gears. TRAXON 80W-90 meets or exceeds specs on each wear parameter, thereby passing this stringent wear test.
- Longer Life
- Performs better than competitive GL-5 80W-90 gear oils as measured by the DKA Oxidation test. The better an oil can maintain its viscosity and resist degradation and sludging, the longer it will last and the better protection it will give. Ultimately this translates into helping to reduce maintenance costs and increase uptime
- Extends intervals between changeouts up to 400,000 km (250,000 miles) for maximised oil life
- Minimises sludge, varnish or hard carbon deposits for better protection against wear
In the DKA oxidation test, product performance is measured by how much harmful viscosity increase will occur over time (therefore, the flatter the line the better). Compared to these competitors, Petro-Canada's TRAXON with its advanced formulation is clearly superior. Industry and OEM Approvals TRAXON is designed to exceed the SAE J2360 Global Standard which means customers around the world can be assured of a measurable and recognised quality of performance for their lubricants. TRAXON 80W-90 is formulated to meet Dana, Meritor, ZF, Navistar, and Eaton's stringent GL-5/ MIL-PRF-2105E gear oil specifications (see specific OEM requirements for further details). TRAXON 80W-90 is approved for Mack Truck differentials where a Mack GO-J oil or MIL-PRF-2105E gear oil is specified.
Petro-Canada TRAXON is recommended for use in manual transmissions, differentials, power take off units and final drives found on passenger cars, trucks, and off-highway vehicles used in construction, farm, forestry and mining operations. Consult owners manual for type and grade needed. TRAXON exceeds API Gear Lubricant Service GL-5 and meets API MT-1 Gear Lubricant standard for heavy duty manual transmissions. TRAXON is recommended for most oil lubricated universal joints, wheel bearings, planetary gear sets, steering gears and certain industrial gear reducers requiring GL-3, GL-4, or GL-5 oils.
Due to specific lubrication requirements TRAXON must not be used in:
- Automatic Transmissions
- Powershift Transmissions
- Hydrostatic drives and systems that include the lubrication of wet clutches and brakes
- Manual Transaxles on front wheel drive vehicles where an automatic transmission fluid or engine oil is specified
- Spicer Manual Transmissions where single grade engine oils are specified