Previously, engineers needing a gear drive with servo motor were forced to purchase the gearhead and motor separately.
Parker Bayside manufactures precision gearheads and brushless motors under one roof. This provides us with the unique ability to design and supply a precision integrated gearmotors.
Stealth® Gearmotors combine both mechanical and electronic parts into a compact, powerful package.
The motor magnets are attached directly to the input gearshaft, eliminating the extra couplings, shafts and bearings required when the two components are separate. Eliminating these extra parts means that Stealth Gearmotors are more reliable, have higher performance and cost less than traditional motor/gearhead assemblies.
Features & Benefits of Gearmotor (GM):
- Large Output Bearings for high radial loads
- IP65 Protection with Viton seals, DIN-type connectors, O-rings and an anodized aluminum alloy housing for use in harsh environments
- High Density Copper Windings and Rare-Earth Magnets provides maximum torque and efficiency
- Skewed Laminations with Odd Slot Counts reduce cogging
- Duplex Angular Contact Bearing for optimum motor assembly stiffness
- Modular Encoders, Resolvers and Brakes offered standard without increasing package size
- Two Winding Options, Single or Double Stack Motors and Multiple Gear Ratios for a wide range of torques and speeds
- Single Piece Construction of rotor and sun gear guarantees alignment for smooth operation
- Motor, Gearhead and Encoder in one compact package eliminates extra parts, improving reliability and performance
- Stealth® Helical Planetary Output provides high torques, low backlash and quiet, reliable performance
- Innovative Thermal Design runs 20% cooler than a separate motor/gearhead assembly
- Stainless Steel Output Shaft won’t rust in corrosive environments