Lovato Electric introduces the new generating set controllers RGK700 and RGK800, available with AMF function or in stand-alone versions. The new products inherit all the winning features of the previous range by Lovato Electric, together with new functions and characteristics.
- A winning characteristic is the large number of built-in connections, like resistive analog inputs for fuel level, oil pressure and water temperature readings, CANbus J1939 and serial ports.
- RGK 800 has 3 slots to accomodate the EXP... expansion modules which allows different configurations starting from one code only for the controller, with also the possibility to make after-installation adds on to get a larger number of inputs and outputs (static or relay type); analog inputs and outputs (0…10V, -5…+5V, 0/4…20mA, PT100); communication ports (USB, RS232, RS485, ethernet, profibus DP slave) and the GSM/GPRS modem.
- The module EXP1015, being a GSM/GPRS quadriband modem, is of particular importance because it allows a generating set to communicate even if wired networks are not available.
- As the modem is built in an EXP... module, the application comes to be easier than the usage of a traditional external modem because an auxiliary power supply, that must be stable even during cranking, is not required, there is no need of a complex procedure to set up the modem through AT commands and there is not the serial wiring which requires the relevant configuration for both the modem and the controller.
- Once installed, besides the connection via GSM with the supervision software, the modem lets the sms exchange with authorised users for diagnostic purposes, alarm and remote commands sending, mail sending and connection to a FTP server to transfer data relevant to the plant.