DBI-SALA, the world’s leading manufacturer solely dedicated to the fall protection market, has announced the launch of the Glyder™ 2, their new sliding beam anchor.
The Glyder™ 2 sliding beam anchor was developed to supply an easy to adjust fall protection anchor for connection to ‘I’ beams that follows the worker as they walk along the beam. The Glyder™ 2 is an upgrade to the current Glyder product and incorporates several new features that make the anchor easy to use, and amongst the most economical anchor of its kind in the industry.
“The ratcheting adjustment feature enables one handed operation, decreases installation time, and allows the user to connect or disconnect the anchor quickly and efficiently, says Ian Heslop”, Sales Director for Capital Safety in Australia and New Zealand. “Additionally, the Glyder™ 2 has a guarded locking mechanism, the first of its kind, to protect it from being kicked or forced open, two factors that are often associated with accidental disengagement”.
The Glyder™ 2 is one if the lightest beam anchors in the industry, weighing only 1.66kg. It is also one of the strongest available in the market, with a capacity rating of 189kg and a 22kN tensile strength rating. The Glyder™ 2 is adjustable and can fit a wide range of ‘I’ beam sizes, from 8.75cm to 35cm in flange width and up to 3.125cm in thickness.
The Glyder™ 2 sliding beam anchor is an economical fall protection anchor that is ideal for workers in the construction and steel erection industry.
Glyder™ 2 Sliding Beam Anchor Features:
- Designed with the worker in mind - an easy to adjust fall protection anchor for connection to ‘I’ beams that follows the worker as they walk along the beam
- Integrated ratcheting adjustment system provides quick and easy installation and removal
- Unique guarded locking mechanism protects the anchor from accidental disengagement
- Replaceable synthetic wear pads eliminate metal-to-metal contact reducing friction which provide smooth and effortless operation
- Extremely lightweight at only 1.66kg, with a user capacity of 189kg
- Fits I-beams from 8.75-35cm wide, up to 3.125cm thick
- Meets or exceeds all applicable industry standards
For more information regarding DBI-SALA’s NEW Glyder™ 2 sliding beam anchor call us on 1800 245 002 (AUS), 0800 212 505 (NZ) or visit www.capitalsafety.com.
DBI-SALA is a brand of Capital Safety, the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of height safety, confined space and fall protection equipment.