With non-slip on the bottom and the compact design, the BU-353 is completely self-contained and waterproof.
Combining both design and technology into an iF product design award 2006 winning GPS receiver the Globalsat BU-353 integrates the latest SiRFStarIII chipset into a stylish GPS mouse. This results in one of the most sensitive and accurate GPS receivers on the market today.
Typical application can include marine environments, aviation, commercial use such as fire truck, police cars and utility vehicles and buses. The extended 5 feet long cable allows for easy routing to your PC behind headliners and side panels and terminates to a custom USB connector for interfacing with one of the available cable kits that is purchased separately.
Features of GPS USB Receiver - SiRF III
- SiRF Star III High Performance GPS chipset
- High sensitivity (Tracking Sensitivity: -159 dBm)
- Extremely fast TTFF (Time To First Fix) at low signal level
- Support NMEA 0183 data protocol
- Built-in SuperCap to reserve system data for rapid satellite acquisition
- Built-in patch antenna.
- Super-cohesive magnetic for mounting on the car
- USB interface connection port.
- Waterproof and non-slip on the bottom.
- LED indicator for GPS fix or not fix.
- LED OFF: Receiver switch off
- LED ON: No fix, signal searching
- LED Flashing: Position fixed
- WAAS ENGOS is supported.
Specifications of GPS USB Receiver - SiRF III
- Chipset: SiRF Star III
- Frequency: L1, 1575.42 MHz
- C/A code: 1.023 MHz chip rate
- Channels: 20 channel all-in-view tracking
- Sensitivity: -159 dBm
- Accuracy Position: 10 meters, 2D RMS
- 5 meters, 2D RMS, WAAS enabled Velocity: 0.1 m/s
- Time: 1us synchronized to GPS time
- Datum Default: WGS-84
- Acquisition Time
- Reacquisition: 0.1 sec., average
- Hot start: 1 sec., average
- Warm start: 38 sec., average
- Cold start: 42 sec., average
- Dynamic Conditions
- Altitude: 18,000 meters (60,000 feet) max
- Velocity: 515 meters /second (1000 knots) max
- Acceleration: Less than 4g
- Jerk: 20m/sec ¡Ñ 3
- Main power input: 4.5V ~ 6.5V DC input
- Power consumption: 80mA
- Protocol Electrical level: TTL level, Output voltage level: 0V~2.85V
- Baud rate: 4,800 bps
- Output message: NMEA 0183 GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC, VTG, GLL
- Physical Characteristics
- Dimension: 53mm diameter, 19.2mm height
- Cable length: 1.5 meters
- Operating temperature: -40C to +85C
GPS USB Receiver - SiRF III (.pdf) >>