Supplier: Australian Urethane Systems
28 May, 2014
Australian Urethane Systems provides tank protection solutions for Barrick Gold.
- Project: Carbon in Leach Tank Steel Protection.
- Client: Barrick Gold.
- Product: POLYEURO® 1050H.
- Area: 8,000 square metres.
- Applicator: Duratec Pty Ltd.
- Completion: July 2011.
- Have a proven track record in Carbon in Leach Tanks. (POLYEURO® 1050H was used on the previous Carbon in Leach project at this site in 2009).
- Provide long term protection of the steel structure against chemical and abrasion attack.
- Exhibit superior bond to the substrate.
- Provide a seamless coating to the tank walls, floor and baffles.
Product requirements and benefits:
- Fast cure, tough, resilient and elastomeric.
- Resistance to chemicals used in the Carbon in Leach process.
- Seamless application of the coating system to the floor and wall areas of the tanks.
- Wear resistance against gold slurry.
- Wide application temperature range.