Australian Urethane Systems provides tank protection solutions.
- Project: Carbon in Leach Tank Steel Protection. Client: Barrick Gold.
- Product: POLYEURO® 1050H.
- Area: 8,000 square metres. Completion: February 2009
- Inspection: November 2012
Original application requirements:
- Refurbishment of carbon in leach gold process tanks. Using POLYEURO® 1050H which has a proven track record in Carbon in Leach projects.
- Provide a protective coating to give long term protection of the steel structure against chemical and abrasion attack.
- Exhibit superior bond to the substrate.
- Provide a seamless elastomeric coating to the tank walls, floor and baffles with minimal downtime.
Inspection after 3.75 years of continual service:
- The coating only has minor isolated damage around the baffle and baffle arms.
- The integrity of the coating has been maintained demonstrating the resistance to chemicals and wear forces typically encountered in the Carbon in Leach process.
- After minor touch ups this tank can be put back into service giving the client many more years of trouble free service