Ecoblend uses supplementary cements such as slag and flyash to ensure a significantly lower product life cycle impact; it provides the option of using a binder with significantly less material input, energy input and emission output. A very low embodied energy material can be created.
- The Ecoblend range of blended cements conforms to AS 3972 Type GB General and Special Purpose Cement.
- Independent Cement and Lime’s specialised blending facilities provide consistent, homogeneous cement products with predictable performance characteristics.
- Continual blend analysis ensure tight controls on quality.
- Ecoblend is a type GB cement conforming to AS3972.
- It consists of various specified proportions of Ordinary Portland Cement (GP), Ground Slag (GGBFS) and/or Fly ash (in the case of a triple blend). Ecoblend cement has a minimum supplementary cement material (SCM) component of 30%.
- The Ecoblend range of products is available throughout New South Wales and Victoria in bulk or bagged form.
- Their branded “Australian Builders Type GB” bagged cement conforms to and carries the “Good Environmental Choice” label as part of the Ecoblend range.
- Independent Cement is conscious of these engineering requirements, and will blend to meet specific project requirements.
- The Ecoblend range is available in many combinations of blends, with a supplementary cement content over 30%.
- Good Environmental Choice label – Independent Cement's Ecoblend, Australian Builders (Type GB) and Steel Cement has achieved the Good Environmental Choice declaration, offered by Australian Environmental Labelling Association Inc (AELA). 3rd party accreditation to ISO 14,024 "Environmental Product Declaration" verifying Ecoblend's:
Environmentally preferable characteristics
- Are fit for purpose
- Meet environmental best practice
- Manufacturer complies to a high standard with worker obligations