The 3886 and 3887 Handheld Optical Particle Counters (OPCs)simultaneously monitor multiple particle size channels to provide concentration measurement ranging from 0.3 to 5.0-micron particles. Optional probes for relative humidity/temperature and air velocity may be added to the 3886 5-channel model for simultaneous monitoring of these important indoor air parameters.
The large four-line LCD allows easy monitoring of parameters. A built-in fl ow sensor enables highly accurate measurement of particle concentration for particles such as clothing and carpet fi bers, mold spores, dust mites, asbestos fibers, skin cells, and other particles in the size measuring range. Compact and lightweight, these particle counters are easy to hold and the integral keypad simple to use. Battery operation allows monitoring in remote locations. Data can be downloaded to a PC with ease.
- Particle size channels monitored simultaneously
- Flexible 5-channel model (3886): 0.3, 0.5, 1.0, 3.0, and 5.0 μm
- Economical 3-channel model (3887): 0.3, 0.5, and 5.0 μm
- Simultaneous measurement of other parameters
- Built in flow sensor for high accurate partical concentration measurements
- User-selectable sampling time and frequency
- Rechargeable NiMH battery or AC operation
- Efficient data storage and logging 500 data points (model 3886) or 80000 data points (model 3887)stored internally
- Compact and lightweight, only 2.2 lbs (.98 kg) 8 x 5 x 3 in (20 x 13 x 8 cm)
- Use as a multi-point monitor with cascade connection
- Can be remote controlled by external computer
- Applications include cleanroom verification/monitoring, IAQ investigations, clean bench verification, food process investigations, filter testing, hospital surgical room monitoring