Wickham Plastics are a Plastic Injection Moulding supplier for a vast range of lenses which factor for the increasing restrictions for weight and space in todays modern vehicle.
- Front Headlamps
- Front, Rear and Side direction indicators
- Reverse Lamps
- License Plate lamps
- Side Markers
- Multifunctional lamps
- Reflex Reflectors
Lenses are available in various colours the compound materials utilised are the following;
- PMMA - which is used as a light or shatter alternative to glass. It is an economical alternative to PC when extreme strength is not necessary.
- PC - Polycarbonate which features temperature resistance, impact resistance and optical properties.
As a certified TS16949 & ISO:14001 company production is inspected, tested and gauged to specific Engineering requirments to ensure optimum conformity of the product.
As Custom Moulders for the past 42 years Wickham has a combination of detailed knowlege for the automotive industry's expectations along side a specialist project management team.
With factories ranging from 800sqm to 3,536sqm located in Australia and China and machines from 55T to 1300T Wickham is most definetly competitive with pricing.
Wickham Plastics have manufactured and supplied OE Headlight Housings & Rear Housings for Ford Orion Ute & Toyota Camry along side P&A for General Motors, Ford and Toyota.
Material utilised are the following;
- ABS - Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene is widely reconginised as a tailorable engineering material offering outstanding aesthetics, fow, toughness, dimesional stability, high temperature resistance & flame retardancy that meets regulatory and safety standards.
- Polypropylene - Commonly know as PP is an economical material that offers a combination of outstanding physical, chemical, mechanical, thermal and electrical properties. Possesses excellent resistance to solvents or degreasing agents. Resists stress cracking, low moisture absorbtion and retains stiffness and flex.
- PC/Geloy - One of the most weatherable polymers, Geloy resisins offer exceptional durability for outdoor environments. It retains colour and mechanical properties under prolonged exposure to light. Possesses good chemical and impact resistance.