The Cerlic range of water/wastewater sensors provide innovative approaches to the challenging sensing requirements of sludge and biosolids in wastewater treatment processes.
The existing family…
To date Cerlic has provided continuous, automated sensing of suspended solids for:
- Filter protection / backwash and effluent / clean water: the very low concentration CTX 20/25LC which measures as low as 0»10mg/L (up to 200mg/L or 0.02per cent TSS).
- Settling sludge & fluff in sedimentation, clarifier and gravity thickener tanks: the CBX is a unique sludge blanket profile sensor, providing automated, continuous sludge (1»2per cent TSS) and fluff (unsettled sludge) levels within the tank.
- Inline Return Activated Sludge (RAS) and Waste Activated Sludge (WAS): the ITX-IL inserts directly into pipework via a "hot tap" isolation fitting, it measures up to 50,000mg/L (5per cent TSS).
The CMC high concentration suspended solids meter…
The new inline CMC sensor completes the sensing pathway of sludge / biosolids in water / wastewater treatment processes by measuring high concentration suspended solids of up to 300,000mg/L or 30per cent TS.
Utilising new true-phase shift microwave technology the CMC:
- Provides continuous 4-20mA (or HART) signal for both TS and sludge temperature
- Has no moving parts and angled sensor surfaces to provide maintenance free, self-cleaning operation
- Offers a range of inline process connections including insertion type and wafer flange for DN50»DN 300 pipework
- Features a remote mounted weatherproof display with push-button programming
- Is immune to changes in sludge colour and consistency
The benefits of this high concentration sensor include:
- Designed specifically for use with challenging dewatered and digested sludge / biosolids
- Continuous process control to optimise dewatering and chemical dosing equipment
- Save on expensive chemicals
- Easy, single point calibration
- True-phase shift technology provides a smart, fast sensor capable of rapid corrections
- Long service life with very low maintenance
- Angled surfaces within the pipe section creating a self-cleaning effect
- High allowance for conductivity to provide a wide range of sludge suitability
If you are looking to improve your process control, save on chemicals or increase plant automation, please contact us for further information. For interested sites, we can offer a trial rental period of the CMC to prove just how effective the product can be!