SikaRapid® 1 is recommended for use in concrete where high early strengthsare required. This includes:
- Precast concrete, enabling efficient mould utilisation and eliminating or reducing steam curing.
- Prestressed concrete, where early release of stressing cables is necessary.
- Ready-mix concrete, where minimum time delays are critical.
- Colder temperatures, where accelerated strength development is necessary.
- In tidal conditions, where wave action may damage fresh concrete.
- High early strength development within Sika high strength development window.
- When used in conjunction with a superplasticiser the SikaRapid 1 will not change the properties of the concrete influenced by the superplasticiser.
- Will not affect long term strength of the concrete.
- Chloride free – can be used in reinforced concrete.