These high-performance NI Smart Cameras also include digital I/O lines (4 input, 4 output), an RS232 serial connection, and a Gigabit Ethernet connection to dynamically control lighting, synchronise with conveyor belts, and drive sorting mechanisms. In addition, the connectivity options support communications protocols such as Modbus, EtherNet I/P, and TCP I/P to interface with other industrial devices such as programmable logic controllers (PLCs), programmable automation controllers (PACs), and human machine interfaces (HMIs). The NI 177x Smart Cameras also feature a VGA video out connection to monitor inspection images.
Find out more about NI Smart Cameras by logging in to http://sine.ni.com/np/app/culdesac/p/ap/vision/lang/en/pg/1/sn/n17:vision,n21:11601/docid/tut-6582/
With the National Instruments machine vision software approach, you can configure your inspection with the easy-to-use, stand-alone NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection software (included with NI Smart Cameras) or program it for more advanced customisation using the NI Vision Development Module. Both options feature hundreds of built-in machine vision and image processing functions you can use to enhance images, check for presence, locate features, identify objects, and measure parts. The deterministic real-time operating system offers increased reliability for inspection systems that require long-term, continuous operation.
NI Smart Cameras include the following:
- NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (full-featured for NI Smart Camera and NI vision real-time target emulation only)
- NI Vision Development Module Deployment License
- NI Vision Builder AI Deployment License
- Color and monochrome CCD image sensors - up to 5 MP resolution
- Waterproof and dustproof design with IP67 rating, M12 connectors, and lens cover
- High-performance 1.6 GHz processor and real-time operating system
- VGA output for viewing inspection images
- Compatibility with industry-standard mounting accessories and telecentric lenses
- Includes NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection software