Ultra-Cut® High Precision Plasma systems deliver high precision cutting performance on carbon steel AND on non-ferrous materials. For precision mild steel cut performance, select O2 plasma with Air shield.
For precision aluminum or stainless steel, select N2 plasma with Water shield to achieve best in class cut performance. Ultra-Cut® systems can also be used for clean, efficient plasma marking without changing consumable parts.
• Excellent dross-free cuts using oxygen (O2) plasma on mild steel
• Unmatched cut quality on non-ferrous materials by using Thermal Dynamics unique Water Mist Secondary (WMS®) process
Ease of Use
• Fast and easy installation
• Simple set-up and user-friendly gas console
• Quick-change consumable design, SpeedLok™
• Easy to identify and troubleshoot problems
• The automated Digital Flow Control increases ease of use and provides improved cut consistency
• Highest cut speed in its class on stainless steel.The cut speed can be up to 3 times faster than with similar cutting systems
• Highest kW output in its class
• Outstanding parts life
• Reduced downtime during parts changes dueto the SpeedLok cartridge design of the XT™- Torch
• Fastest switching times between marking and cutting processes
• Microprocessor controlled to produce the best cut quality
• Fiber optic communication decreases HF interference
• Precision torch design offers the best cut quality in its class
• Higher cut speed than H35 with the use of N2/H20 on non-ferrous
• Exhaustive lab testing and field trials ensure on-going performance and reliability
Water Mist Secondary (WMS®) For Non-Ferrous Materials
WMS delivers excellent non-ferrous cut quality and low cost of operation by using N2 as plasma gas and ordinary tap water as the secondary. A reducing atmosphere is produced in the cut by the release of hydrogen from the secondary water. The reducing atmosphere decreases oxidation on the cut face surface. WMS is recommended for materials up to 1½" (25 mm) thick.
The WMS process uses nitrogen as the plasma gas while water is used as the secondary gas (shield gas). The water in the torch is divided into its principal components (hydrogen and oxygen) during the cutting process. The majority of the water used during the process (from 4 to 8 GPH (0.25 to 0.5 l/min) is converted to principal components (gas) and thereby does not require disposal.
• Lowest operating cost
• Up to 3 times faster cutting speeds than H35
• Dross-free cutting
• Oxide-free cut surface
• Wide parameter window
• Easy to use
• Laser-like cut quality on Aluminum
• Small heat effected zone
• Less distortion
• Same weldability as H35