It is a low cost wireless alternative for linking data loggers and supervisory computers.
The 905U-D has been designed to be easy to use and simple to install. It uses a part of the radio spectrum which does not require a radio license in most countries.
The module is fully integrated with radio, power supply, serial ports and microprocessor controller housed in a strong industrial aluminium case.
- Radio data rate up to 115 200 bits/sec
- RS232 and RS485
- License-free frequency
- Single hop distance to 20+ miles US model (5Km European model)
- Repeater function for longer distance, unlimited repeater hops
- Forward error correction, CRC error checking with ARQ
- Turn-around time 5 msec
- Radio signal strength and BER indication
- Configurable on-line by Hayes AT commands or Windows configuration software
- Transparent broadcast mode, peer to peer
- Addressed mode, multipoint and point-to-point
- Fast point-to-point mode
- Low power mode with DTR control
- On-line "dial-up" control using AT commands
- Repeater funtionality in all units
- Repeater routing via address selection
- Security against cross-talk between systems
Specifications of the dataTaker Radio Download (64kB pdf)
Brochure of dataTaker data loggers Download: (1.5MB pdf)