The 800PL Series DC hipot testers provide an economical solution to DC field testing of cables, terminations, motors, generators and other electrical apparatus. Models 815PL and 880PL offer 15kV or 80kV respectively. All models are self contained in a single rugged and durable enclosure which is complete from input line cord to high voltage output cable. Cables are conveniently stored inside the case.
The 800 Series testers feature accurate kV meter readings regardless of load current. Accurate voltage and current measurements are assured since voltage readings are taken directly at the output of the high voltage transformer and current measurements are taken in the return leg. Safe discharging of both the test object and the high voltage transformer occur whenever the high voltage is turned off. Output power is provided by means of a full-wave voltage doubling rectifier circuit with silicon rectifiers.
- Rugged and portable.
- One-piece construction.
- Shielded output cable.
- Guard circuit.
- Full-wave voltage doubling rectifier circuit.
- Zero start interlock.
- Internal discharge on HV OFF.
- Meter accuracy ± 2% full scale.
- 5 mA current rating for cable charging.
- External interlock provisions.
- Three range voltmeter.
- Four range current meter.
- No internal leakage at full load.
- Instantaneous overload relay.
- Surge-limiting resistors in HV output.
- Ideal for field testing - lightweight, compact, and rugged.
- Safe and easy operation.
- No exposed high voltage.
- Accurate leakage current measurement.
- Guard circuit eliminates stray leakage currents.
Applications - DC Hipot testing of:
- Electrical Switchgear.
- Other Electrical Apparatus.