Features of modelFD3/75-8
- HOUSINGS : Heavy aluminum grind and discharge housings. Four bolts fasten the motor unit to the grind chamber, permit easy removal.
- MOUNTING : All Hobart Disposers (except when using accessory group E), fasten to 7 I.D. (throat opening) cones. A vinyl isolating ring eliminates metal-to-metal contact at the cone mounting, reduces vibration and noise transmission.
- STATIONARY SHREDDER RING : 1 3/4 high, 4 machine ground primary action breaker bars, 42 secondary action grinding teeth.
- FLYWHEEL : Breaker blade, mounted at center, speeds grinding, prevents objects from riding at center. Two hardened stainless steel cutter blocks (fastened to flywheel with nylock screws) are replaceable, can be indexed for new cutting edges. Ni-Resist flywheel is 6 3/16 diameter, slots undercut the shredder ring to assure that particles are cut to proper size before passing to the drain line.
- MOTOR SHAFT SEAL : Face-type seal consists of sintered bronze mating ring and spring loaded carbon ring insert in chemical resistant neoprene bellows. Mating surfaces are protected from grit or fibers by being recessed into flywheel. Should any moisture pass this seal, a flinger and drain tube are provided to insure immediate removal. In addition, a lip-type oil seal (located beneath the bearings) is an added protection water seal.
- MOTOR SHAFT SEAL : A chrome plated brass tailpiece is provided for connection to a 1 1/2 standard drain trap.
- DUAL DIRECTIONAL GRINDING : All Disposers operate in either direction of flywheel rotation. Direction of rotation can be controlled by the operator (to increase life and efficiency of grinding elements — back flywheel free of a jam) when installed with Control Groups 2, 3 or 4.
- WEIGHT : Shipping – Approx. 27.2 Kg (does not include accessory group or controls).