- Difficult to handle or discharge (sticky) products - therefore access to the filter plates for cake discharge and cleaning is very important.
- For corrosive applications, where it is important to minimize the filter parts coming in contact with the process.
Although the overhead beam offers easier access, it is absolutely necessary to have safety devices incorporated into the design to limit access to the filter while it is in operation.
The advantages of the overhead beam design therefore include:
- Easier cleaning also due to unrestricted access.
- Fewer mechanical parts in potential contact with the process, as they are located above the plates.
- Easier protection of the mechanical components, so the filter is more suitable for very aggressive processes.
At this time, in keeping with the Larox tradition of continuous product development and improvement, a totally new Hoesch overhead beam filter press is under development. Designed to meet all the current marketplace and pressure vessel code requirements, the new filters will still incorporate all of the proven Hoesch capabilities and advantages