- Size is 5.5" (140 mm).
- Nominal diameter is 5.531" (140.5 mm).
- Bearing type is sealed friction.
- Inner/Gage inserts: 48/43
- Pin/Bit connection types: 27/8" API
- Rotation speed (RPM) - Min. to Max: 70 - 200
- Advanced Pfi nodal metallurgy is used to dramatically increase the weight and rotation speed capacities of the patented sealed bearing system.
- Flat top leg and shirttail inserts are pressed into the bit body for wear protection. This feature extends bit life and increases reliability in dirty hole situations.
It is designed to drill soft, medium and medium-hard formations that are reasonably well compacted. These include shale, mudstone, sandstone, limestone and some granite formations.