This release in the Argweld® range brings to the market place for the first time a 25mm system for small tube and pipes.
The system is aimed at high quality butt welding of tubes to tubes or fittings and pipes to pipes and fittings from small to large sizes.
After more than 35 years of manufacturing expertise in the field of tube and pipe purging dams, Huntingdon Fusion Techniques (HFT) has unveiled yet another great innovation to help tube and pipe welders save time, money, gas and achieve better welds.
These more advanced systems, with many unique features keep HFT at the forefront of technical innovation, by bringing you a simple low cost solution to make the cleanest welds.
With dramatic savings due to the new design, HFT says it has reduced prices while still delivering a technically superior product. The volume to purge is kept small, resulting in significant savings in both time and cost of inert gas used.
Argweld® PurgElite® Inflatable Tube and Pipe Weld Purging Systems have two heavily protected inflatable dams connected by a new design inert gas purging tube.
The inert gas purges air as well as other unwanted gases and vapours out of the space between the dams with inert gas coming through a unique, much lower cost, simpler, trouble free valve than used on other designs.
This "new" design low profile valve has enabled the manufacture of a 25mm Inflatable Tube and Pipe Purging System, which has never been achieved previously.
In addition, these systems have no exposed metal parts making them ideal for use in the food, semi conductor, chemical and pharmaceutical industries to protect internally polished stainless steel tubes, as well as for all other applications where pipe purging systems are required.
Standard sizes of Argweld® PurgElite® Inflatable Tube and Pipe Weld Purging Systems are available for immediate delivery.
Don't use old fashioned purge bladders that burst or makeshift homemade devices like cardboard, paper dams or foam bungs. They contain a lot of water, air and water vapour, put your weld at risk and end up costing you more money.
Use the proper tool for the job — an Argweld® PurgElite® Inflatable Tube and Pipe Weld Purge System.
Key features and benefits include:
- Simplification of the process of inert gas purging makes it quick and easy to install
- Innovative purge gas feed device
- No complicated valve to set
- Inflation of dams and inert gas purging with one line
- No chance of inflatable dams bursting
- No scratching of internally polished surfaces
- For all grades of stainless and duplex steel, polished interiors, exotic metals and alloys
- Centrepiece Glow Positioning Indicator
- Purging time is a fraction of that required by conventional methods leading to significant savings and waiting costs. Cost savings charts are available on request
- No restrictions in elbows or bends in pipe work
- Low price (significant reduction over previous systems)
- Payback in less than one weld
Companies needing to weld purge larger diameter pipes can obtain the Argweld® Quick Purge® Systems that can be used for pipe diameters from 8" to 80" (200 – 2000 mm)
Weld purge measurement
Once the perfect weld purge environment has been reached using the PurgElite® tube and pipe purging system, users can also use the PurgEye®100 Weld Purge Monitor recently released, to measure the oxygen content to know when it is safe to start welding and to give a continuous reading throughout the welding cycle.