In order to solve the problem between CAN and fiber transmission medium, I-2533 is specially designed for converting the electrical CAN bus signal to fiber optic cables. I-2533 has three more important features.
First, the transmission distance limitation of the CAN bus system will not reduced because of CAN baud rate. It means that the total network distance can be extended.
Second, the bus error on one CAN network will not affect the operation of another CAN network.
Finally, the two CAN network can communication with each other by using different CAN baud rate for highly flexibility.
Besides, I-2533 provides the utility tool for user-defined baud rate and filter configuration. By using this tool, it is allowed to have user-defined baud rate and message filter. When users use the I-2533 on two CAN network with different CAN baud rate, it may be useful to reduce the bus loading on the network which has low baud rate.
The feature of I-2533:
- 82C250 CAN transceiver
- 2500 Vrms isolation on the CAN side
- 3 kv galvanic isolation between the power supply and CAN channel
- Support both CAN 2.0A and CAN 2.0B specification
- Fully compatible with the ISO 11898-2 standard
- Rotary switch for CAN baud rate configuration
- Built-in switch to select 120Ω terminal resistor
- Up to 100 CAN nodes on the CAN channel
- Fiber Port: ST (Multi-mode)
- Wave Length: 850 nm
- Transmission distance up to 2 km at any CAN baud rate
- Removable terminal block, Mount easily on DIN-rail
- Allow user-defined baud rate
- Utility tool for message filter configuration
Note: We have verified to drive 100 CAN nodes at the same time via one CAN port of I-2533.
For more product information: http://www.icpdas.com/products/Remote_IO/can_bus/i-2533.htm