Features and Benefits
Wireless EIP communications extend and enhance ProSoft Technology's range of wireless products. The MVI56-WA-EIP allows PC to ControlLogix processor communications using an 802.11 wireless network. The module acts as a server to RSLinx based connected services bridged between a ControlLogix processor and PC running RSLinx.
MVI56-WA-EIP is capable of supporting up to 10 distinct clients, explicit, unconnected messaging only. Thre are 20 types of read/write message capabilities, including CIP, SLC and PLC5.
The module allows for multiple programs including RSLogix 5000 to communicate simultaneously to the processor. The 802.11 wireless networks can be set up for PC to Wireless Router (infrastructure) or PC to PC (Ad hoc) modes of communications.
The MVI56-WA-EIP module provides users with wireless ControlLogix bridge functionality. With the MVI56-WA-EIP Module, you can communicate over wireless Ethernet from your PC to any ControlLogix chassis. Use the MVI56-WA-EIP module to connect PC and Laptops running RSLinx. Connect online with your processor using RSLogix or RSView (RSView 32 or RSView SE). Configure your ControlNet or DeviceNet networks with RSNetWorx.
- Single Slot - 1756 backplane compatible
- PC to processor communication (RSLinx version 2.51 or newer)
- The module is recognized as a 1756-ENBT/A Communication Module
- Configuration data obtained from configuration text file downloaded to module. Sample configuration file included
- Reside in Local or Remote chassis and function as a bridge to a ControlLogix processor
- Supports ad-hoc or infrastructure modes
- Supports up to 20 simultaneous connections