The touch screen technology, available for all operating systems, allows users to operate the unit by pressing large, clearly labeled function keys, a similar system as with softkeys. However, in contrast with softkey devices, the data input and dialogues are initiated via the surface of the display itself.
The screen is sensitive to touch, so that data and commands are entered by pressing directly on the displayed icons. As with all IND terminals, this unit also features softkeys; the green and red keys facilitate a rapid yes/no dialogue and, where required, the scroll keys can be used to move within a list.
Alternatively, it is also possible to enter data using a standard PC keyboard. Existing customer software can be installed on the FTF 2485 without modifications as the terminal has a high level of software compatibility.
Features of IND Touchscreen FTF 2485:
- Brightly lit TFT color display 15” 1024 x 768 pixels (XGA)
- 2 function keys (easily programmable) and 2 scroll keys
- Superb software compatibility
- Comprehensive client software available
- Linux, Windows XP embedded, DR-DOS 7.03