Inductors, commonly referred to as chokes, are a current limiting & smoothing device.
Chokes operate by storing energy in the form of a magnetic field, which may be AC or DC.
The varied applications for chokes include use in power supplies, audio amplifiers, welders, UPS, variable speed drives, audio speaker cross-overs and inverters.
Reactors are a type of inductor used to limit the starting current to large electrical machines. These reactors can be either single phase or three phase.
SES has wound inductors & reactors ranging in size from less than 1Kg to hundreds of Kg.
SES can supply:
- Single phase chokes & reactors
- Three phase reactors
- Air-cored chokes
- C-Core & EI Construction
Advantages of SES Inductors:
- Fast turnaround of custom chokes & reactors - often within days
- Robust construction
- Quiet operation
- Choice of mounting brackets
- Choice of shell or core types of construction
- Your choice of inductance & current ratings
- Terminal blocks, flying leads, or lugs (depending on current)
- Tough Varnish Coating - either clear or black.
- Available in a wide power range
- Insulation classes up to class H - 180°C
- Australian Standard AS61558 - 1997 compliant
The photo below shows solar collectors which collect & concentrate solar energy, to be converted into electricity with the use of inverters containing transformers & inductors made by SES.
To Know about Inductors (Chokes) Please click here