This industrial Ethernet switch is for application within high performance networks. The X400 extends the Siemens Industrial switch portfolio from the control level switches (SCALANCE X-100 & X-200, OSM/ESM) into the upper performance enterprise segment.
The X400 is flexible in application due to its modular design whereby optional media modules for fiber optic connection and optional extension modules for increased numbers of ports can be plugged into the base X400 switch. High performance networks (Gigabit Ethernet) and the ability to integrate into office style enterprise networks (office standards) are supported.
Software Features of Industrial Communication- SCALANCE switches:
- The integrated Redundancy Manager provides quick media redundancy even for large networks, both for Gigabit Ethernet (SCALANCE X414-3E in a ring) and for Fast Ethernet (SCALANCE X400 in a ring in combination with SCALANCE X-200 or OSM/ESM).
- Remote diagnostics via Web Browser, SNMP or TELNET.
- SCALANCE X400 permits the construction of so-called virtual networks (VLAN). Here, a number of "logic" Industrial Ethernet networks can be run on a single physical network (separate load and address areas, access protection and prioritisation between groups of subscribers).
- Support of the Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) the standardised office network redundancy mechanism that permits a redundant connection to higher level enterprise networks.
- Multicast data streams that occur in the case of speech or video applications are identified by the switch and the overall network load can be limited by filtering.
- With the SCALANCE X400, the configuration data is automatically saved on a memory card (C-PLUG) included with the base switch. In the event of a device failure, the C-PLUG only needs to be plugged into the replacement device and the X400 has the same configuration as the device that was removed.
Additional SCALANCE products released for the Australian market:
The SCALANCE X-100 line provides plant floor devices in the unmanaged switch class. The X104-2 and X106-1 expands the already available X108 that was released in 2004, providing more interface options and combinations.
The SCALANCE X-200 line offers plant devices in the managed switch class.
They are positioned between the X100 unmanaged class and the higher level OSM/ESM and X-400 switch families in the Siemens Industrial Ethernet family.
Unique strain relief concept
The SCALANCE family has a new strain relief sleeves on electrical ports which when used with PROFINET compliant Industrial Ethernet connectors eg. FastConnect RJ45 Plug 180, provides improved tensile and bending force resistance (from the connected data cables) in comparison with standard RJ45 connectors.