The ICS series joins a suite of powerful edge-to-core switches and the MXview industrial network management software (iNMS) to create advanced industrial Ethernet platforms with excellent scalability, performance, reliability, and ease of maintenance. Moxa's industrial edge-to-core Ethernet switch solutions have both the high performance level needed for the core layer of the network infrastructure, and the flexible media selection and cost-effectiveness needed for the edge layer.
Moxa's industrial edge-to-core Ethernet switch portfolio now includes over 300 models, including the ICS series 10GbE core switches, the IKS and EDS-700/800 series modular rackmount and DIN-Rail distribution switches, and the EDS-600/500/400/300/200 series DIN-Rail edge switches. All of these switches are built specifically to operate within the harsh environments and exacting requirements of mission-critical industrial applications, such as railway, ITS, smart grid, oil and gas, factory automation, and maritime applications. Moxa's MXview iNMS enables total network management with simple, user-friendly browser UI that can track the network status of all Moxa managed Ethernet switches in real-time, quickly identify failure points, and reduce troubleshooting response time in complex and critical network operations.
Moxa's new ICS series industrial core switch family enables customers to deploy a high-capacity converged automation network with extreme 10GbE performance, network resilience, and fanless durability. These core switches extend carrier-level availability throughout the entire industrial network to provide a stable multi-service backbone that can support a large amount of Ethernet-based services such as video, voice, command, and data transmissions.
Benefits of Moxa's industrial edge-to-core switch solutions:
- Ultra-reliable fast network redundancy across three layers of an industrial network with Turbo Ring/Turbo Chain self-healing Ethernet technology
- Faster communication speed and quicker network response with Gigabit performance
- Complete solutions supporting more converged applications such as video surveillance
- Industrial-grade reliability, completely fanless, and industrial certification and approvals
Product portfolio and key highlights
- Core layer: High bandwidth 10GbE industrial core switches
- Full Gigabit L2/L3 networking capability
- Up to 24 or 48 1GbE connections
- Up to 4 10GbE ports
- Fanless design
- Distribution layer: Industrial modular rackmount and DIN-Rail switches
- Flexible modular design
- High port density
- Ideal for control room and outdoor cabinet operations
- Edge layer: Compact, standalone DIN-Rail switches
- Wide selection: from 5 to 19 ports, FE to full GE, managed and unmanaged switches
- Cost-effective solutions
- Advanced L2 networking capability