THE STANDARD RANGE COMPRISES
- Flywheel to shaft
- Shaft to shaft
- Flange to flange
- Flywheel to shaft * stiffness
- Shaft to shaft * stiffness
- Marine propulsion
- High power generator sets
- Reciprocating compressors
- Intrinsically fail safe
- Control of resonant torsional vibration
- Maintenance free
- Severe shock load protection
- Misalignment capability
- Zero backlash
- Noise attenuation
- Ensuring continuous operation of the driveline in the unlikely event of rubber damage.
- Achieving low vibratory loads in the driveline components by selection of optimum stiffness characteristics.
- With no lubrication or adjustment required resulting in low running costs.
- Avoiding failure of the driveline under short circuit and other transient conditions.
- Allows axial and radial misalignment between the driving and driven machines.
- Eliminating torque amplifications through pre-compression of the rubber elements.
- Giving quiet running conditions in sensitive applications by the elimination of metal to metal contact.
- The driving member is manufactured in steel to BS3100 Grade BT2
- The inner member is manufactured in steel to BS3100 Grade A6
- The driving flange is manufactured in steel to BS3100 Grade A3
- Rubber elements can be fitted and removed without moving the driving or driven machine
Spanish F100 frigate fitted with 4 off Renold Hi-Tec MSC 12.5 half stiffnes couplings between the Bazan MTU diesel engine and the alternator on the generator sets and 2 off Renold Hi-Tec 848.0 DCB cardan shaft couplings between the Bazan Bravo diesel engine and the gearbox on the main propulsion.