Industrial automation is the use of control systems such as computers to control industrial machinery and processes, replacing human operators. Industrial Automation increasingly uses Ethernet for network connectivity.
A Paqworks Solution
Utility Automation is directly related to human life, and includes generation transfer, storage, and distribution of power/oil/gas and waste water treatment. SCADA software applications are applied most often in utility automation.
Distributed-installed PLCs are used in waste water treatment systems to collect information. Utility automation is always unmanned, so we need to make sure that devices provide many hours of trouble-free operation. Furthermore, since the devices are used in harsh environments, it essential to use products that have a rugged design.
- Cost-effective ring structure
- Switching Fast Ethernet backbone and redundant ring using fiber-optic cables
- Redundant Ring Links with less than 300 ms recovery time without data loss.
A Moxa Solution
* Fast Network Redundant Ring
(Recovery time < 300 ms)
* Network exception warnings & report by Email or pager
* SNMP-OPC Server easily integrates network management into HMI/SCADA
* Easy setup & management via web-based browser
* Good for long distance extension via optical fiber: 15 km for single mode; 2 km for multi mode.
For more information regarding Control & Automation please contact Paqworks to discuss you application.