Speed, safety, and comfort are the key demands made by passengers who ride modern railway systems, and to meet these demands, railways endeavor to create stable and reliable communication networks
Many complex sub-systems are used to ensure that the communication systems provide real-time, centralized control and monitoring, and most companies have turned to Ethernet networks.
The trains of today are installed with multimedia equipment to entertain passengers with TV programs, movies, games, and Internet access, and all of these devices can be connected and controlled together using Ethernet technology.
Generally speaking, equipment used in railways may be subjected to a variety of environmental influences, including vibration, dust, and high temperatures. One of the most serious challenges is finding equipment that can stand up to excessive vibration.
* Centralized monitoring and control over a fast and open Ethernet infrastructure.
* Tight and robust Ethernet connections to avoid connectors coming loose due to vibration or shock.
* Anti-vibration design that meets the requirements of railway environments.
* Rugged design that can withstand wide operating temperatures, dust, humidity, and EMC factors.
* Devices must be mounted in the container to avoid falling apart while moving.
To enable secure networking Paqworks offers a range of products from Moxa providing the following benefits:
* Tough M12 connectors can withstand the effects of continued vibration.
*Moxa's M12 Ethernet switch with IP67-rated can guard against dust and water.
* Industrial Ethernet switches are designed for harsh environments, with -40 to 75°C operating range, EMI, and EMC protection.
* Moxa's Ethernet switches have received major regulatory approvals, such as UL508, Class 1, Div.2, and DNV, giving users added assurance that the products will operate reliably in harsh environments.
* With EDS-305-M12 switches' smart size and rugged IP67 housing, users can save more space without providing an additional protective casing.
Please contact Paqworks to discuss your modern network requirements.