- Internet router through an Internet Service Provider (ISP) connection
- PLC maintenance though local ISP calls (no more international calls)
- Alarm notification, remote diagnostic and remote maintenance/monitoring
1. Internet IP Router
Take advantage of Internet to connect your remote site. Using VPN technology, it is now possible to establish a secure, encrypted, bi-directional tunnel through the Internet between any Internet connected PC and a remote eWON-connected device.
2. Internet PLC Remote Maintenance
Let eWON 'call you back' through a local dial-up Internet-connection and establish a secured VPN connection back to your site! Once the tunnel is established, your programming software accesses the device transparently, as if it were in the same room, and without interruption to live data acquisition or alarm management.
3. Centralized Monitoring/Extranet
It is now possible to create your own 'Application Private Network' using eWON units i.e. use a standard mobile-phone GPRS/EDGE network to securely link all of your remote sites and your central monitoring station on the same 'virtual cable', for data acquisition, remote monitoring and alarm notification purposes.