Whether your application is batch mixing or continuous mixing, major, minor and micro additives, liquid to solid, solid to liquid, or liquid additives or de-lumping during mixing, IBS has vast experience - over 30 years in building mixers to assist you in your suitable mixer selection.
IBS Standard Range of Mixers:
- Batch Mixing:
- Ribbon Blenders
- Paddle Mixers.
- Z arm Mixers
- Plough shear
- Continuous mixing:
- Twin Pug Mixers
- Twin ribbon mixers
- Conditioning and High Shear Mixing
- Plough shear mixer. (U trough or Tubular design)
IBS provide the latest technology to offer our customers the greatest possible saving in production and performance. We can provide complete turnkey mixing plants including batch mixing, loading and un-loading systems, product de lumping during mixing or gentle mixing action for friable products.
Mixing Criteria for Selection of Mixer
The type of mixer is dependent on many factors some are as follows but these are not limited to the following:
- Production requirements: Batch or Continuous.
- Capacity throughput
- Characteristics and nature of product, additives and mixed material characteristics and flow ability.
- Uniformity of mix and additives.
- Quantity and percentage of Major, Minor and Micro ingredients
- Powder to liquid or liquid to solid mixing requirements.
- Does the material form lumps during mixing or require conditioning
- Clean down and contamination/ Clean down and sanitary requirements.
- Selection of suitable end seal for specific materials is very important.
- Heating or Cooling.
These are just some of the factors that must be considered when selecting the most suitable mixer.
Some materials require a high speed plough shear to disperse and effectively mix and de lump, whilst other applications require a conventional ribbon blender and standard RPM of about 40. Other materials are best suited to a slow speed paddle type giving minimum product degradation & easy clean down between batches.
All this is taken into consideration during selection and testing so IBS can optimize your production requirements and reduce your capital cost. IBS can best select the right mixer and system to suit materials and application.