Integrated Automation is well qualified to assist with industrial networking issues, and have specific expertise in the following network protocols:
Hirschmann Industrial Ethernet
We can assist with the design and setup of switched and routed ethernet networks including the following functions:
- Redundancy using RSTP, Link Aggregation and proprietary fast-recovery protocols like Hirschmann's 'HiPER-Ring'
- Layer 3 (routing) including RIP, OSPF and VRRP
- Network Management Station - Industrial HiVision including auto-topology, alarming and licence-free OPC clients for remote monitoring embedded in SCADA applications.
- VLAN - for security and traffic management
- Diagnostics features such as port mirroring, port statistics and remote monitoring using 'Industrial Profiles' for Ethernet/IP and PROFINET to allow PLC or controller access to switch status data in real time, including graphic templates to suit RSView or PanelView Plus
- IGMP for management of Ethernet/IP networks incorporating multicasts as used by produce/consume tags
- Industrial Firewalls - numerous network security functions and configurations including 'Secure Gateway', Demilitarised Zone (DMZ), and NAT for address shielding. The Hirschmann EAGLE20 is the ideal choice for providing secure connectivity between the plant and enterprise networks.
- We run regular Industrial Ethernet Training courses.
- See our full range of industrial Ethernet services here.
ProSoft InRax / ProLinx
ProSoft have a large range of rack and rail mounted protocol conversion modules, and rather than that steep learning curve for those infrequent uses, engage our experts who are experienced with a wide range of protocols including Modbus, Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus Plus, HART, RIO, DNP 3.0, DNP 3.0 over Ethernet, PROFIBUS, ASCII, DF1, DH-485 and Ethernet/IP.
Ask about the exciting new M E S S A G E M A N A G E R, an Ethernet based interface capable of communicating with multiple TCP/IP protocols simultaneously.
Control Information Protocol (CIP)
CIP is the basis for common network platforms such as Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet and ControlNet. These networks provide reliable real-time communications for IO and data, and we are well experienced with their setup including data mapping configuration, scheduling, trouble-shooting and providing HMI access to diagnostics information.
Rockwell Automation Legacy Networks
Legacy networks such as DH+ and RIO are still widely used, but often in a poor state due to gradual un-managed growth of nodes with improper topology and terminations. Just because placing a tap everywhere 'works' doesn't mean the network is performing. Let us audit your network to help identify problems areas, or assist your migration to a new high performance future-ready network.
Security mechanisms are plentiful and trustworthy, and the price is value for money, so there is no reason now not to embrace wireless networks. Whether an economical means of bridging two buildings without expensive roadworks, or accelerating commissioning by providing field access to IO status, we can assist with the right choice of equipment. We also provide WLAN Survey Services.