The Industrial Robots are used for complicated demolding and automation tasks. The great flexibility of their 6-axis kinematics makes them ideal for tasks too complex for linear robots. KraussMaffei supplies standardized, intelligent solutions which, for example, make good use of wait times to create added value in plastics processing.
- You work with just one contact partner for your complex manufacturing cell; we handle all the time-intensive project planning details
- You get a system that is easy to operate, despite performing complex processes. Only your programmers need special training. Mold setters and operators need only simply instructions.
- The robot’s Start, Stop, Automatic operation, Manual operation and Home function keys can also be integrated in the control panel of your injection molding machine. This enables the robot and machine to be programmed simultaneously or separately.
- A home traverse at the push of a button return reduces the risk of collision after system downtime
- Programmable safety systems are easy to expand
- CE conformity: All systems are planned in conformity with current safety standards, starting with the quote
- Using standardized components enables you to make a lower investment—helping you stay competitive
- Shorter cycle times and faster amortization of your investment through integrating pre- and post-mold processes
We operate in a strategic partnership with KUKA Roboter GmbH, continuing the success story of “industrial robots in plastics technology”. The Augsburg, Germany-based innovation factory has more than 35 years of experience in developing industrial robots. In terms of range, operating volume, minimized installation area, weight and speed, the robots are optimally tuned to the requirements of plastics technology. Last but not least, another reason for focusing on KUKA was a common corporate philosophy: development and production “Made in Germany”.
Operating and control concept:
It is believed that industrial robots are highly complex to operate. Our intelligent operating and control concept puts an end to that: The robot is operated directly from its control panel or the control panel of the injection molding machine.
User interface: VisuX:
With the handheld pendant and the simplified, always identical user interface installed on it, the system setter has at his or her disposal all tools for changing articles, optimizing programs and performing diagnostics. The VisuX can be completely integrated in combination with the new MC6 machine control system. This integration offers another great advantage: Two-way operation of the robot and machine is possible. The robot’s flexible handheld pendant can be a great help for this when setting large machines.
Self-explanatory programming: ProgTechX
Only the system programmer has to find his or her way around the complex user interface from the manufacturer.
To simplify the task of programming the programmer has a new tool, ProgTechX, available as standard. The most important basic commands for creating programs can be conveniently downloaded from a library and configured using in-line forms.
This prevents syntax errors and reduces the time for programming and troubleshooting to a minimum.
Depending on the complexity of the application, special control concepts are available for selection: the basic concept and the high-end concept. Using the basic concept, simple peripherals can be integrated without any problem. These consist of the control panel, handheld pendant with the KraussMaffei robot interface and the manufacturer’s interface. When integrating multiple, different robots and more complex peripherals, the best option is a higher-level control system in addition to the components of the basic concept, namely, the high-end concept. Advantages of this space-saving control concept include the robot-independent control system, the likewise uniform user interface and the easily expandable, technology-dependent user interface.