The ICF-1150 series support 2 serial ports, with a D-sub connector for RS-232 communication and a removable terminal block for RS-422 or RS-485 communication. The 3 ports (2 serial ports and one fiber port) are completely independent. When an ICF-1150 converter receives data from any one port, it will send the data out through the other 2 ports.
For example, once the ICF-1150 converter receives a command from the remote master through the fiber port, it will convert the signal and send the command through the RS-232 and RS-422/485 ports at the same time. If the user is monitoring a system running on an RS-485 network, there is no need to use an additional RS-232 to RS-485 converter to connect the laptop computer's serial port to the RS-485 bus.
Rotary Switch for Setting the Pull High/Low Resistor
The RS-485 interface supports multi-drop or daisy-chain connections, which system engineers will use to connect serial devices such as meters, RTUs, and readers together on the same bus. Since the number of serial devices on the same bus will cause the impedance of the data line to increase, the ICF-1150 allows users to tune the pull high/low resistor. Just rotate the switch to the appropriate value without removing the ICF-1150 from the DIN-rail.Features
- RS-232, fiber, and RS-422/485 3-way communication
- Rotary switch to change the pull high/low resistor value
- Extend RS-232/422/485 transmission up to: · 40 km with single-mode · 5 km with multi-mode
- 3-way Galvanic Isolation (for "I" model only)
- - 40 to 85°C wide temperature models available
- Class I, Div. II certifi cation (Pending)