Available in a range of colors, varying sizes, and different grades of material, FTA can supply any configuration of buoys to suit varying applications and event needs.
FTA marker buoys have been used for many years at major events around Australia and overseas, including the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games, The 2005 – 2006 Worldwide Volvo Ocean Race, and most recently, The Extreme 40 racing championship’s held in Germany, late 2007.
For many years, race day event organisers have relied on FTA marker buoys to provide reliability and functionality to ensure the success of their event and the safety of its participants. Aware of these requirements, FTA use only the finest quality materials, which are UV, rot, and mould resistant.
Our quality inlet, over pressure and ballast attachment fittings ensure the integrity our buoys when in use, with some of the very first buoys we manufactured in 1986 still in use today.
Three styles of marker buoys are available – cylindrical (CY), truncated cone (TC), and cubical (CB). Each buoy is available in our 650gsm tarpaulin material, with expected inflated life of up to 7 days at any given stage.
Colors are on application depending on selection of material, although all buoys are available in our most popular colors in both weights, that being fluorescent orange and yellow. Fluorescent pink is also available.
Features of Inflatable Marker Buoys:
- Wide selection of colors in 650gsm fabric;
- Welded seat inlet/outlet valves means superior air retention;
- Over pressure valves installed on every buoy to alleviate pressure build up inside buoy during long instances in the sun;
- 4 x 1 tonne counterweighted anchor points on the base for excellent buoyancy during use;
- 8 x 8mm welded attachment lugs to buoy wall, which can be used for retrieval line attachment as well as use with removable vinyl banners for various event days
- Chequered racing buoys for finish lines,
- Strobe lighting pockets around or within and/or reflective bands around the marker buoy for clear night viewing;
- Made to order large scale buoys for off shore yacht racing, powerboat track markers, and large event day sponsorship marking;
- High quality digital banners can also be welded to buoys for large event gatherings or continual brand promotion
FTA Inflatable Marker Buoys are typically used for:
- Yacht /Sail racing
- Surf Carnivals
- Resort Hotels
- Warning/Crowd Control
- Promotional advertising
- Sponsor advertising
- Race and vessel zoning
- Jet Skiing
At any given stage around the world, an FTA marker buoy is being used somewhere to map out and mark races, to provide safety to yachtsmen, swimmers and competitors, and to promote the all important sponsors.