The CBR Test is a way of putting a figure on the inherent strength of different sub-grade materials and this information provide valuable data assisting the designing and construction of road pavement.
EN 12697/34 / 13286/47 • AASHTO T 193 • ASTM D 1559-1883-3668-4429
The stronger the sub-grade (the higher the CBR reading) the less thick it is necessary to design and construct the road pavement, this gives a considerable cost saving.
Conversely if CBR testing indicates the sub-grade is weak (a low CBR reading) we must construct a suitable thicker road pavement to spread the wheel load over a greater area of the weak sub-grade in order that the weak sub-grade material is not deformed, causing the road pavement to fail.
EN 12697/34 / 13286/47 • AASHTO T 193 • ASTM D
- 1559-1883-3668-4429 to perform laboratory Marshall and CBR tests
- Twin column frame with motorised drive system
- Three speeds of 1.00, 1.27 and 50.8 mm/min. are provided.
- Overload and travel limit switches protect the machine during operation
- Machine equipped with electronic load and displacement measuring system
- Software UNIPRESS for data acquisition with on-line graphics via PC including special evaluation software with print-out for Marshall-test acc. DIN. Software acc. other standards