The embedded charge pump makes the interface to the micro controller very simple with full logic-level compatibility.
Built-in protection features, like over-temperature, over-current and active inductive energy clamp protect against short circuits, stalled motors and excessive ambient temperature.
Designed to safely handle ordinary overload conditions as well as several extraordinary conditions, including loss of ground, load dump and reverse battery, IPS devices eliminate switch failures with the best efficiency and no addition in part count. Overdesigns for low occurrence situations are minimized.
The double level shifter circuitry that drives the MOSFET in the High-Side Switcher (HSS) provides immunity from large offsets between the logic ground and the load ground and short switching times.
Internal slew rate control for turn-on/off and the use of a low noise charge pump means lower EMI. Ground noise generation of less than 10mA is the industry's lowest figure.
THE IR ADVANTAGE
- Most rugged, efficient and compact switches for the harshest environments
- Provides charge pump and full switch protection with no additional circuitry
- Up to 30% smaller circuit than a charge pump circuit
- More than 1000 times longer life than electro-mechanical relays due to self protection and absence of wear and tear
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- 50V MOSFET with embedded protection and charge pump in a single package
- As low as 5mOhms RDS(on) in the TO-220 footprint
- Integrated low EMI charge pump allows direct logic input
- Benchmark industry ratings:
- Highest density packaging with IPS in SO-8
- Highest load current rating with current up to 75A
- Active clamp for inductive loads
- Open-load detection (HSS)
- Up to 20kHz frequency for Low Side Switches (LSS)
- Over-current protection:
- Current limiting
- ESD protection