Introductory Course | Introduction to Railways in Australia
Whether you have a need to learn about the industry you work in, or you have a general interest in Australian rail — this unit is for you. The unit explores some interesting history of railways in our states and explores many current rail sites to provide some indication of the depth and breadth of the current system and key players.
There are a host of fun and challenging activities to keep interest levels high and the content is light and easy to read.
Introduction to Railways in Australia
About this course This course is an introductory course which means it develops knowledge about the history of rail in Australia, infrastructure, rail operators, National bodies and the future of rail in Australia — all to an introductory level.
Who should do this course?
This course is suitable for all rail enthusiast and new-starts in the rail industry and will have a broad appeal to all rail related staff — technical or non-technical. This course is designed to give participants a broad knowledge of core terminology and an introduction to the rail industry.
What is in this course?
- Early years of rail in Australia
- Rail infrastructure
- Rail industry operators
- National railway bodies
- The future of rail in Australia
At the conclusion of this course you should be able to:
- Give details on the brief history of rail in Australia
- Explain the history of rail in the Australian State of choice
- Establish who owned the early rail networks in Australia
- Identify and explain the operation of significant rail infrastructure
- Name the rail industry operators in Australia
- Ascertain the Australian National rail bodies
- Pinpoint the future of rail in Australia
- What is the duration of the course?
- This course will take at least 6 hours, especially if all web links are researched.
- How much does the course cost? Refer to web site for current offers.
Are external activities required? Apart from a number of links to external web support materials, there are no extra requirements
How will the participant be assessed? Participants will have progressive tests imbedded into the learning material. Included in the content are five compulsory forums that will need to be completed and there will be a final test at the end.
What is the outcome of the assessment? Participants that complete all course activities and the assessment will receive a Certificate of Achievement.