The Ion Science TVOC?is a fixed photoionisation detector (PID) designed for continuous measurement of total volatile organic compounds (VOCs). New ATEX approvals enable a 3 wire TVOC?system to be used in Zone 2 hazardous areas, without safety barriers. ATEX and IECEx approvals allow TVOC to be used in Zone 1 hazardous areas, with safety barriers. TVOC is the first fixed photoionisation detector (PID) that is ATEX approved. Being intrinsically safe means there is no need for an expensive explosion proof enclosure. It also allows for simple servicing with no hot work permit and the PID sensor is accessible and changeable in a matter of seconds.
The TVOC also benefits from using a diffusive sample technique which results in less contamination issues, compared to pumped systems, reducing lamp cleaning and servicing requirements. The 4-20 mA analogue output enables TVOC?to be integrated into a DCS control system to give warning or control of high VOC levels in the working environment.
TVOC utilises a diffusive sample technique resulting in less contamination issues compared to pumped systems, reducing lamp cleaning and servicing requirements. Simple to install, service and calibrate, TVOC requires no hot work permit and the PID sensor is accessible and changeable in a matter of seconds.
TVOC is also available for use with a pumped system for applications where sample conditioning is required. It is ideal for use in manufacturing and process industries where VOCs are typically present. With a 4-20 mA analogue output TVOC can be simply integrated into a DCS control system to give warning or control of high VOC levels in the working environment. TVOC has been designed to be simple to install, service and calibrate.
• • Independently verified as best performing PID?technology
• Patented Fence Electrode Technology for fast, accurate humidity resistant operation
• ATEX: Zone 2 hazardous areas without safety barriers (3 wire option)
• ATEX?&?IECEx: Zone 1 hazardous areas with safety barriers (4 wire option)
• 3 wire option allows direct replacement of an existing PID area monitor (Zone 2 ATEX)
• Selectable detection range of 0 – 10 ppm, 0 – 100 ppm or 0 – 1000 ppm
• Diffusive monitoring - no pump required
• Scaled 4-20 mA analogue output
• Includes a 10.6 eV lamp
• Easy access PID sensor allows simple servicing
• Simple calibration procedure